How To Get A Student visa in Spain

      No Comments on How To Get A Student visa in Spain

Student visa in Spain

Anyone wishing to study in Spain must apply for a student visa, except for citizens and residents of member countries of the European Union.

If the studies are less than 3 months, a short-term “Spanish Visas – Schengen Visa” visitor visa , also known as a Schengen Visa, will be issued, provided that the visitor’s nationality requires a visa to enter Spain.

The applicant is obliged to complete the studies in the period for which he has been authorized to remain in Spain, since the visitor visa for short-term studies is not extendable.

If the studies last longer than three months, it is necessary to process a specific study visa.

The application for a student visa must be made directly by the interested party before the Consulate of Spain.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Spain, in Madrid, examines the application files, so that the procedures may take more than one month from the moment in which the interested party presents all the documentation.

In all cases, the interested party must personally appear at the Consulate to present all the required documents.

Requirements for the application for a student visa in Spain:

• Visa application form duly completed and signed by the interested party.

• Two recent color photographs, passport size, with white background.

• Valid passport or travel title recognized as valid in Spain, with a minimum validity of the period for which the stay is requested.

• Certificate of studies, notes or documentation proving the status of student or researcher (for cases of doctoral or postdoctoral thesis).

• Letter of admission to a public or private Spanish teaching or scientific center, officially recognized.

• Curriculum, training or research.

• Medical insurance covering the entire period of the applicant’s stay in Spain. The minimum insurance coverage must be 30 thousand euros. It is recommended to make medical insurance for a period longer than expected, for greater safety.

• Medical certificate of the applicant’s good health, by presenting a medical report or certificate.

• Proof of criminal record or police certificate .

Proof of financial funds to cover the expenses of maintenance in Spain and the expenses related to the return to the country of origin (and their relatives accompanying the interested party).

• Proof of accommodation in Spain.

• Under-age students must present the notarial authorization of their parents or guardians to carry out studies in Spain.

• If deemed necessary, the Spanish authorities may conduct a personal interview. If required, the applicant must appear before the Consulate within a period not exceeding 15 business days from the date of notification.

The relatives of the student or foreign researcher can accompany him on his trip. Family members are the spouse or common-law partner, children under the age of 18, dependent children or those with a physical disability.

Family members must meet certain requirements listed below:

• Proof of the family bond with the student.
Financial solvency tests.
• Notarial authorization of the parent who does not travel to Spain for the displacement of the minor children with the father or mother requesting the student visa.

To obtain the admission letter from a Spanish university, the applicant must make a formal application. In this sense, it is convenient to read the pertinent recommendations in the section The application for admission .

When you arrive in Spain
Once in Spain, the holder of a study visa, they must request, within one month of entering the country, the foreign student card before the Foreigners Office or the corresponding Police Station. This is in case the studies last more than six months.

The applicant must present his / her passport or travel certificate, the application form for the foreign student’s identity card and proof of payment of the fee for issuing the card.

It is worth looking carefully at the entire Documentation chapter to study abroad .

See also:

Reading the discussion forums can be very useful. Especially, how is the life of an immigrant in Spain? where many people exchange ideas and advice about their life experiences in this nation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *