Which visa to study in the USA from Italy

      No Comments on Which visa to study in the USA from Italy

One of the most difficult topics to deal with in organizing English courses in the US is certainly that of visas: which one will you have to ask for?
How long does it last?
What are the timing for obtaining it?
Who will you turn to?

A number of visa organisations provide a consulting service in this regard, offering study holidays in New York, San Francisco, Miami or other destinations in America.

Based on the choice of the student and his duration, they can direct the student to the best solution.
In order to be able to attend English courses or to undertake an internship in the USA , students are directed to the Visa Waiver Program or the Visa obtained with Module I-20.

Going into detail, since 2009, those who want to travel to the US exclusively for a period of less than 90 days, for English courses whose weekly duration is less than 18 hours of actual lessons, business and / or tourism and which are in possession of a return ticket can take advantage of the Visa Waiver Program.
To obtain it they will have to apply for the ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) on the website https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/ and fill in the online application in English at least 72 hours before departure and before embarking on the means of transport. plane or naval en route to America.
The cost is 14 US dollars and you can pay online with Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover at the time of the authorization request.

It is mandatory to have a valid passport (and with expiration date after the date scheduled for the return to Italy) with an electronic microchip inserted on the cover; an optical reader passport issued before October 26, 2005 and if it was renewed after 5 years, the renewal occurred before that date; or a passport with digital photo.
Once registered, usually the response from the site is given after a few minutes.

Minors will only be able to use the Visa Waiver Program if they have an individual passport; in the event that the minor is included in the passport of one of the parents, it will be necessary to apply for the visa even for stays of less than 90 days.

As for the Visa that you need to get for courses longer than 18 hours per week, business courses and exams within the American territory, the passport is not enough.
It is in fact necessary to obtain an interview with the Consul of your district visa and to do so it is necessary to take into account the waiting times to have it, as above all during the summer season may also be months long.

The basic condition for obtaining a visa is being in possession of a passport with optical reading valid for expatriation or that with digital photo.
For students who will make a new passport, they will have to specify this requirement for the USA.
To obtain the visa, you need the Form I-20 in the original version received from the American school following the booking of the course and the DS-160 Module to book the visit from the console, available at https://ceac.state.gov/ genniv /

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *